October 29, 2007


Building of Museo ning Angeles

The Museo ning Angeles (MnA) is the nucleus of activity of the Kuliat Foundation, Inc. Located in the oldest historical district of the city, the MnA has become the venue of the city’s cultural activities be it from the private or government sector. From the time it opened in the year 1999, it has been a beehive of activity from exhibits, art classes, concerts, venue for performances and climax for traditional celebrations.

Museo ning Angeles is a priceless asset., vintage circa 1920, the building is a museum piece by itself , located at the prime Sto. Rosario Historic District across the Holy Rosary Cathedral. This edifice was constructed in 1922 and served as the “ MUNICIPIO” or Town Hall. The original Town Hall was constructed in 1840, then known as “LA CASA TRIBUNAL” and was a typical “BAHAY NA BATO” with a thatched roof. Its location was about 20 yards to the south of the present structure since the present site was the town “PALENQUE” or Public Market place. In 1855 the market place was razed down by a great fire that endangered the wooden church and the old residences along Sto. Rosario Street, including the “LA CASA TRIBUNAL”.

The museum is rightly located at the center stretch of the historical street of Sto. Rosario. While facing the centuries old twin towered Holy Rosary Church, it is flanked alternately by other equally old and quaint ancestral houses and buildings.

Floor Plans:

Ground Floor Plan 01


Second Floor Plan 02